Mason jars have become very popular recently, so I wanted to find a craft that incorporated them. I’ve used one to hold my makeup brushes, but it was just a plain, undecorated one; what better to use to spruce it up but glitter?? Follow these easy steps and you too will have a decorated jar that you can use for whatever you want!
1. Gather materials: A mason jar (or any other clear jar!), glitter, modge podge, something to stir with, paper towels.
2. Fill the bottom of the jar with modge podge; about a tablespoon’s worth.
3. Pour in glitter (however much you want- the more you use, the brighter it will be!).
4. Mix it all together (I used the end of a paintbrush).
5. Tilt the jar using your hand so that the inside of the jar gets covered.
6. Turn jar upside-down so excess mixture can drip down, and let it dry! (I eventually flipped it rightside up once it looked like all the excess mixture had dripped down).
And here’s the finished product!!
I filled it with blue beads that I got from Michaels, then put my makeup brushes back in it!