You did it – you’re in college! Now, all you have to worry about is decorating your new dorm. The most important part of your room is your bed. Although you might not spend a lot of time hanging out in your room, you will definitely spend a lot of time sleeping there! For this reason, it is imperative that you have the most comfortable bed possible. These are a few things you need in order to have the perfect bed:
- Bed Bug Protector: I know it sounds gross, but you don’t know who was using the mattress you have before you! You should protect yourself from the unknown. Bed, Bath, & Beyond sells Twin XL sized bed bug protectors from Allergy Luxe for $49.99.
- Foam Mattress Topper: A foam pad adds comfort to your mattress. This will enable you to sleep through the night with less pressure on your back. It also comes with a protective cotton cover to keep it clean. I recommend a 3″ Therapedic Topper, which retails $149.99. If you are on a tighter budget, I recommend a thinner Isotonic Topper for $39.99 or a couple of Sleep Zone Topper for $19.99 to keep you from the stiff mattress.
- Mattress Pad: A mattress pad will help to hold your foam mattress pad in place as well as provide another level of comfort. Mattress pads are incredibly durable so you can use them for the entirety of your undergraduate education! The Sleep Basics Mattress Pad is only $19.99!
- Sheets: Here’s where you finally get to express yourself! It is important to get a high quality sheet set because they will hold up much longer than a cheaper alternative. You should buy two sets for when you have one in the wash. Dormify sells incredibly cute sets that are affordable! I love the Pinwheel of Fortune sheet set. It also comes with a matching standard pillow case!
- Duvet & Comforter: A cute duvet is important; it will be the first thing you see when you look at your bed. I love Dormify’s Teal Ikat Duvet – the colors are beautiful! You will also need a comforter that can be placed inside of your duvet. Dormify sells high-quality Classic Down Comforters for great prices!
- Quilt/Blanket: During the first month of school, it gets pretty hot in your dorm room, especially if you don’t have air conditioning. You are not going to want to sleep under your down comforter when it’s 90 degrees! Bed, Bath, & Beyond sells a great Shearling Blanket for $19.99. They are incredibly soft and the perfect cover-up for when the temperature rises!
- 2 Standard Pillows: These are the pillows that you will typically sleep on. You want to make sure that they are comfortable and support your head and neck. Stearns & Foster makes a great standard pillow for $59.99 each.
- Euro: Euros are great for support. They work well when placed behind your standard pillows when you are doing homework or watching movies in bed. Bed, Bath, & Beyond has Bedding Essentials Euros and Euro Shams for low prices!
- Body Pillow: Body Pillows are the perfect pillow for snuggling. They can be used on a bed, a couch, or on the floor! They conform to your body positions, adding to their comfort. They can also be covered in a variety of colors! I love Bed, Bath, & Beyond’s Rose Pillow Cover!
- Decorative Pillows: Decorative pillows add to the beauty and comfort of your bed. You can get as many or as few as you’d like. I love Dormify’s Meadow Pillow in yellow, hot pink, & aqua!
All of these items make your bed the most comfortable it can be! Adding these items to your college checklist will ensure that you have the most relaxing bed possible. Good luck and happy shopping!