One of the easiest ways to spruce up any space (be it your dorm room, apartment or bathroom) is by adding a wall decal. Wall decals are great for wood, tile, metal, glass and even wallpaper surfaces. Now, I know some of you may be hesitant to just stick something on a wall that will be inspected at the end of the school year for damages, and possibly result in charging you extra fees. Luckily for you though, Dormify has designed some fabulous wall decals that will leave your space mess-free and maybe even cleaner than when you got there! Oh, and did I mention that they’re totally trendy and adorable?
1. Clean the wall or surface where the decal will be placed. A wet sponge or paper towel with Windex should do the job.
2. With the provided squeegee, smooth out the backing paper on the decal.
3. Next, peel off the backing of the decal at a flat, leveled angle.
4. Place the decal on the wall being careful that the adhesive backing doesn’t pick up any dirt or trash on the way.
5. Smooth out the decal with the squeegee so that there aren’t any bumps or air pockets.
6. Finally, peel off the application tape at a flat, leveled angle.
Follow these steps for a stress- and mess-free removal of your decal:
1. Use a sharp knife or set of pliers to carefully remove the decal.
2. Heat the vinyl film by using a blow dryer if Step 1 doesn’t complete the job.
3. Slowly peel decal off of the wall.
More of a visual learner? Watch this great how-to video, complimentary of the fabulous Dormify team!
Still want more? Check out these helpful FAQ’s about wall decals.
And remember, styling your space should always be a fun and inspiring process. So, decal-on!